Here is my letter regarding the subject
Use this link to send one of your own if you like.
Dear Jason Smith,
Do not support Obama’s military action against Syria.
America’s sovereignty has not been violated!
Obama has been creating this war.
The situation in Syria is extremely fluid and Obama’s trigger happy action would be unjust and unwarranted, ill advised, ineffective, and mis-targeted!
1. The rebels have been killing Christians and destroying their towns since the beginning of 2012.
2. This started with the Arab Spring movement and now Al Qeada, and the Muslim brotherhood are involved.
3. The house of Saud and The Arab League wants the US to intervene when they could just as easily take action.
4. The US has been supplying arms to the rebels via Benghazi.
5. Jonathan Steele (17 January 2012). “Most Syrians back President Assad, but you’d never know from western media”. The Guardian. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/jan/17/syrians-support-assad-western-propaganda
6. In April 2008, Assad told a Qatari newspaper that Syria and Israel had been discussing a peace treaty for a year, with Turkey as a go-between.
7. In February 2011, Bashar backed an initiative to restore 10 synagogues in Syria
8. On 18 May 2011, U.S. President Barack Obama signed an Executive order putting into effect sanctions against Bashar al-Assad.
9. Obama knew there were WMD in Syria. The Syrian military stores WMD at a base on the outskirts of Aleppo. June 21, 2013 “The situation in Aleppo is very hot” according to spokesman for Aleppo’s Northern Storm Brigade.
10. The Islamic Ahrar al-Sham Movement is strongest in Aleppo but is smaller than many other factions throughout the country. It seeks an Islamic state based on sharia law contrary to other factions that want an elected government.
11. The The Islamic Ahrar al-Sham Movement rebels gained access to the WMD and attacked on August 21, 2013.
12. On the question to launch attack against Syria – UN Security Council: NO, NATO: NO, China: NO, Russia: NO, Jordan: NO, Cyprus: NO, United Kingdom: NO, Canada: NO, Poland: NO, Czech Republic: NO, Finland: NO, Germany: NO, Sweden: NO, Netherlands: NO, Italy: NO, Spain: NO, Portugal: NO, France: delay, vote
Beginning in January 2011, The Arab Spring has affected the following countries: Tunisia, Algeria, Lebanon, Jordan, Oman, Mauritania, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Syria, Morocco, Sudan, Palestinian authority,l Iraq, Bahrain, Libya, Kuwait, Western Sahara, Iranian Khuzestan, Borders of Israel
Keep in mind Obama’s incitement to riot of June 4, 2009:
“That does not lessen my commitment, however, to governments that reflect the will of the people…. Those are not just American ideas, they are human rights, and that is why we will support them everywhere.”
Keep in mind Obama’s January 2011 orchestration of the overthrow of Egyptian government
“The White House executed a nuanced and carefully balanced series of statements designed to encourage the fall of Mubarak and begin Egypt on a course toward democratic change. “
Keep in mind that Obama was and may be still shipping weapons to Syrian rebels via Benghazi. “June 21, 2013 Rebels said the new weapons had already given them a boost. Ahmed al-Kateeb, a spokesman for Aleppo’s Northern Storm Brigade — whose leaders met with Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) during his brief visit to Syria last month — said the group had launched attacks overnight Thursday at several locations on the long, static front line between regime- and rebel-held areas of Aleppo (location of WMD stockpile) after receiving a delivery including ammunition and Russian-designed wire-guided Konkurs antitank weapons.
Here is the bottom line.
Syria’s has stockpiled approximately 1,000 tonnes of chemical weapons, stored in 50 towns and cities Any attack by the US short of ground troops will not secure the WMD, WMD is in the rebel, Al Qeada, and the Muslim brotherhood’s hands. The cat is out of the bag.
Obama put US in harms way by not thinking about the presence of WMD in Syria when he began his instigating the overthrow of countries.
“One senior State Department official, though, told Fox News that the president’s goal to take military action will indeed be carried out, regardless of whether Congress votes to approve the use of force.”
Force Obama to carry out his threat or lose face. His act will be impeachable! His foreign policy which put the US in harms way is treasonous.
Your task is to devise a strategy to put the cat back in the bag!!!! The only way that I see to put the cat back in the bag is to ally with Assad and not blow him or the chemicals up risking collateral damage beyond measure but to secure whats left and dispose of him and them safely.
David C. Epps
Cape Girardeau, MO