01/26/2014 Leave a comment
After the excitement of our meeting in November 2012, 17 CCTP members took Level 1 of the Pathway To Self-Governance training offered by the Center for Self Governance. 7 CCTP members made it through all 5 levels of the training program during 2013. It has been an exciting journey!
We urge you to at least take Level 1 of the Center for Self-Governance training. It will change the way you view your governing bodies as well as your view of your position and participation in the governing process
Tonight’s meeting was another working meeting. The goal here was to review and approve (or reject) the legislative items sponsored or co-sponsored by Cape County’s Missouri House and Senate members – Donna Lichtenegger, Kathy Swan, and Wayne Wallingford. A few bills proposed by other legislators were added to the list.
- Put together list of the bills
- Reviewed them quickly
- Used our laptops to get additional information on the bills from the House and Senate web sites
- Came up with a consensus or took a vote to decide whether our representatives should vote for or against the bill
We obviously knew that, with the few minutes we had to work on the effort, we could easily end up with an incorrect decision. But, the effort was enjoyable, and the decisions likely in line with the CCTP goals of Fiscal Responsibility, Founding Principles, and Constitutionally Limited Government under God.
When reviewing the decisions of the group, most of the responses were quite emphatic.
Click below to see the bills that were reviewed and the decisions of the group. We hope to complete similar efforts in the future.
As a follow-up on our two activities tonight, we need to continue to consider our Civic Authority and our responsibility to guide the votes of our elected officials at all levels. To that end, we ask that you do three things:
As a follow-up on our activity tonight, we need to continue to consider our Civic Authority and our responsibility to guide the votes of our elected officials at all levels. To that end, we ask that you one of the following three things:
Senate / House Bill Review
- Visit the Missouri Senate or House web site
- Locate a bill that was not reviewed this evening:
- Write a short summary of why you think your legislator should vote for / against the bill
- Send your review to CapeCountyTeaParty@yahoo.com
- Come to the February 18, 2014 monthly meeting and take five minutes to present your findings
- Propose a piece of Legislation / Law
- Write a short summary of what you would like to have enacted
- Give it an awesome title
- Send your new law to CapeCountyTeaParty@yahoo.com
- Come to the February 18, 2014 monthly meeting and take five minutes to present your bill